Updated on: May 24th, 2018
This privacy statement informs you about the type of data collect on our website https://smartcatdesign.net and any of it’s sub-domains https://support.smartcatdesign.net, which we will refer to as (“website”) in this document, and about how we use, share, retain and protect personal data.
Who we are
We are Smartcat Solutions Inc, which will be referred to as (“we”) in this document. We are located at suite 202, 993 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
What personal data we collect
- Name and contact details (such as name, email address, username and phone number).
- Account details (such as username, password, license keys, transaction IDs, method of payment, VAT number, business name, IP address).
- Information you provide us through our help desk ticket system, (such as image uploads, issues description and details, comments, user feedback).
- Any other information you provided us (such as image uploads, comments in our contact and quote forms, information about your website needs etc..)
- License activation information (such as IP addresses, website where licenses are active, activation and de-activation dates). We collect this information so we can provide you with licensing to your purchased products and software updates.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Cookies: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How we may use personal data
- To contact you, regarding your requests if you had submitted this information through a contact form, or quote form.
- To create an account for your use on our website, providing you with access to our services (such as login, manage license activations, download invoices).
- To create support tickets, update ticket status, and communicate via our help desk, provide you support services and to improve our support quality based on your feedback.
- Track license activations and provide software updates for purchased themes and plugins.
- Contact you regarding license expiration, important account information.
- Contact you with promotional offers, and news via email newsletters, if you have opted into being contacted for marketing purposes.
How we may send personal data
When you purchase an item from our website, our checkout system, which is powered by Easy Digital Downloads, will send your payment information to Stripe or Paypal (depending on your method of payment). We do not store any credit card numbers, expiry dates, Paypal usernames or passwords. All payment information is sent directly to Stripe or Paypal.
When you opt-in to receiving newsletters and/or promotional emails and discounts, our website will send information to our newsletter provider MailChimp. This includes basic information, such as your name and email address.
We do not sell, trade or rent any of your personal data.
We do not store analytics on our website, and we do not connect any personal information with site usage. We use Google Analytics to track and understand our website traffic, which involves adding a Google Analytics tracking code on our website. Google Analytics may store cookies in your browser for analytics purposes and this includes activities performed on our website, such as pages visited, duration of time spent on the website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How we protect your data
Accounts on our website require a username and a password. Users should keep their usernames and passwords secure, and never share with any third party. All passwords are hashed before they are stored in our system, meaning no-one will ever be able to see your actual password. We are not able to resend you your password due to that.
We maintain appropriate and reasonable safeguards, aimed at protecting your data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure, and thus we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, made a purchase, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement, or if you would like to receive an export of your data, or request for your data to be deleted, you can initiate the process by creating a ticket with your request on our help desk https://support.smartcatdesign.net/